Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Rainy Days in February

February is over, and another month has been checked off the calendar for 2011. This has not been the most glamourous month for me, that's for sure. Now I know I had anticipated posting the video where I turn my mom 21 again by Valentines day, but I encountered some problems. Where to begin? I overlooked the temperature of my oven, accidentally baking my molds out at 450 degrees. They didn't crack (because they were reinforced) but the plaster became brittle and porous and therefore the foam had a rough texture to it. Secondly, my sculpt should have called for a two part mold but I did it in one. I couldn't get it closed as tightly as I wanted, it was terribly difficult to open. And finally, my sculpt itself carried too broad a jawline and the nose looked a little odd. What I got out of the trials was confidence that if I go back to square one and resculpt, it will work.

Since work has been pretty slow so far this year I've actually been spending most of my time looking for a day job - something steady in the makeup/spa world. I'm definitely experiencing the wrath of this troubled economy, hopefully March will see things looking up a bit.


P.S. Comic Con tickets went on sale February 5th. I must have clicked refresh a thousand times and in the end was not able to get 4 day passes. I did manage to get single day passes for Thursday, Friday, and Sunday. The Masquerade - that's where I wanted to unveil my impossible creation - is on Saturday. Looks like we're going to have to return our passes and try again for 2012.


Ciao <3
Lisa

No comments:

Post a Comment